Pages

Pink Stamper

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Organizing the Clutter

No matter what I do, clutter just finds me and follows me around. Just ask my mother who faints when she can actually see the top of my kitchen table AFTER I've cleaned!

There's no getting around it. We all have a certain amount of "stuff" that we have to save for future reference. Sentiments from greeting cards, ideas for new projects, passwords, birthdays, and the "safe place you put x". Windows 3.1 (anyone remember that version?) had a nifty cardfile function but that was dropped in subsequent versions (sure, get rid of something that actually worked). For several years now I have used a program called AZZCardfile. I use it to store recipes that friends share online, inspirational things that I refer to, manage lists of various collections, etc. There are also ready made lists that come in very handy (recipes for gifts in a jar). I have seen references to how people use the program in their crafting (lists of Cricut Cartridges, Stickles colors, Rubber Stamps, sources for products. It's a very useful program that you can try for free at www.azzcardfile.com.

Today, I have a few little jobs to do and then the rest of the day will be spent taming the clutter. I think I'll put up a pot of soup in my pressure cooker for dinner. That's a great clutter-buster: clean out the refrigerator and pantry at one time and make a yummy dinner to boot! Got to be ready for the trick or treaters tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment